Main Space Quest 1 Space Quest 2 Space Quest 3 Space Quest 4 Space Quest 5 Space Quest 6 Space Quest 7 Miscellaneous Donors

Fangames > Here you can download and find basic information about fangames.


Cool Stuff
more downloads
box art
interaction magazine
roger wilco comics
goodies

Miscellaneous
game designers
custom build pc
book reviews
timer issues
quest for disk space
scrolling screens
buying space quest

Fan Phenomena
introduction
fan games

fan stories
fan images

____


Fangames
Fangames are extremely hip things, especially around our Space Quest Universe. Many over-enthusiastic fans started their own project without really knowing what it takes to produce a full length adventure game. So naturally, without good planning and without decent concept plans, most fanprojects were doomed even before they were announced. And let's be honest to each other. It truly takes a bit more than just being fan of the series to create a game of your own. The Space Quest Fangames website used to show an interesting retrospective, if you will, about the fangame craze that swept the community for some time. I guess you could safely say that for every finished fangame, 20 or 30 get cancelled.

Yet, if it weren't for the fanprojects, the Space Quest Community would have died out a long time ago. The prospect of cool fanmade games kept many fans at bay. And as things turned out, the two fanprojects that actually released a game got praise from thousands of people outside the community! Slashdot and Gamespot ran articles about them, and large abandonware websites took the games in for download. Fangames and retro gaming aren't just a buzz around the Space Quest Community.

One can discuss and critize the games for the many typos, plot inconsistencies, their bugs, weak (or "borrowed") graphics, weak plot, weak character design and for using cliche after cliche. None the less, the games stand out. They are truly amazing additions to the community and have enriched the Space Quest Universe.

This chapter offers finished fangames for download, along with some basic information.

Line

 

Space Quest -1: Decision of the Elders
Official website: (Currently unavailable)
Download: Here (ZIP file, 44 MB)
Solution: N/A
Made by: Boston McShew
Released in year: 2014

Boston McShew's prequel tells the tale of Roger's parents on their own adventure. Made in the style of the SCI0 games (like Space Quest III), but with a point-and-click interface.

Decision of the Elders Screenshot 1 Decision of the Elders Screenshot 2
Line

Line

Space Quest II VGA Remake
Official website: https://infamousadventures.itch.io/space-quest-ii-vga-remake
Download: See website (472 MB)
Solution: N/A
Made by: Infamous Adventures
Released in year: 2012

Infamous Adventure's remake of the classic 1987 Sierra game "Space Quest II" by The Two Guys from Andromeda, Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe! Join Roger Wilco on an intergalactic adventure as he is pursued by the agents of the sinister Sludge Vohaul! Lovingly recrafted in simulated VGA colors by Infamous Adventures!

SQ2VGA Screenshot 1 SQ2VGA Screenshot 2 Replicated SQ2VGA 3 Replicated SQ2VGA 4
Line

Line

 

Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back
Official website: https://www.sqvsb.com/
Download: See website (Installer 278 MB/ZIP 348 MB)
Solution: Walk through (RTF Document 70.2 KB)
Made by: Vohaul Strikes Back Team
Released in year: 2012

When a fallen arch-nemesis returns to wreak vengeance on the galaxy, it's up to space janitor Roger Wilco to tread the treacherous ice world of Radon, outwit an army of simian commandos, and lead the indigneous people in a revolution to take back the planet and defeat the diabolical mad scientist Sludge Vohaul.

Vohaul Strikes Back Screenshot 1 Vohaul Strikes Back Screenshot 2 Vohaul Strikes Back Screenshot 3 Vohaul Strikes Back Screenshot 4 Vohaul Strikes Back Screenshot 5
Line

Line

 

Space Quest: Incinerations
Official website: http://www.boxofmystery.com/games/incinerations/
Download: See website (Installer 627 MB/ZIP 664 MB)
Solution: http://www.boxofmystery.com/?page_id=2578
Made by: Cris Ushko
Released in year: 2012

“Incinerations” is a non-commercial 2D adventure game from the mind of Chris Ushko, developed in Chris Jones’ AGS Engine and rendered with 3D software. In it, you must help Roger and his friends take on a legion of villains in his quest to rescue the woman he loves, stop the universe from going up in flames, and heroically recover his missing luggage!

Incinerations Screenshot 1 Incinerations Screenshot 2 Incinerations Screenshot 3 Incinerations Screenshot 4 Incinerations Screenshot 5
Line

Line

 

Space Quest Chapter 0: Replicated
Official website: http://www.wiw.org/~jess/replicated.php
Download: Here! (660 KB)
Solution: http://www.wiw.org/~jess/sq0walk.php
Made by: Jeff Stewart
Released in year: 2003

SQ0 offers fans an untold tale of Roger Wilco as our hero finds himself posted aboard Labion Orbital Station 10, a Class 3 Cloning Facility. Unfortunately, it appears that a mysterious someone (or something) has murdered all of Roger's fellow crewmates during one of his famous supply-closet naps. Join Roger as he escapes the station, travels to Labion for the first time, manages to die in literally dozens of creative new ways as he struggles to figure out just what happened aboard LOS10 and--if he plays his cards right - save the universe from a fate too terrible to mention.

Replicated Screenshot 1 Replicated Screenshot 2 Replicated Screenshot 3 Replicated Screenshot 4 Replicated Screenshot 5
Line

 

Space Quest: The Lost Chapter
Official website: http://www.frostbytei.com/space/
Download: Here! (852 KB) Updated version with "Stack Blown" error patch (863 KB)
Solution: Walk through (Word Document 40 KB)
Made by: Vonster D Monster
Released in year: 2000

This before-unknown-sequel in the Space Quest Saga begins with Roger Wilco, still floating around aimlessly in space after defeating Vohaul in SQ2. After who-knows-how-long drifting in space, a strange force slams into Roger’s escape vessel which causes it to travel close to an unknown planet. Right after passing the planet, the escape pod is trapped by the planet’s gravitational pull and starts a rapidly descent to the planet’s surface. The escape pod crash-lands but is relatively undamaged. The crash has trigged the release of the sleepchamber in which Roger is snoozing away. He soon wakes up, to find himself still inside the escape pod, and quite blonde too! Roger soon starts to survey his surroundings, finding that he has crashed onto a heavily vegetated planet. Here, the adventure starts.

TLC Screenshot TLC Screenshot 2 TLC Screenshot 3 TLC Screenshot 4 TLC Screenshot 5

Line

 

Unfinished/Demo/Fanart Fangames
As opposed to "cancelled fangames", these are fangames that either have not been finished yet (but are still in development), demos of an upcoming finished product, or just a demo that was never meant to be finished and just made for the art and fun of it.

 

Space Quest III 3D
Official website: http://artbykjell.com/sq33d.html
Download: Here! (334 MB)
Solution: Walk through (YouTube Video)
Made by: Kjell Emanuelsson
Released in year: 2016

"A fan art Unreal 4 project. Another game that made an impact on me as a kid.. I also wanted to explore a little more cartoony style and colorful palette. As close the the (let´s say "striking") original EGA palette I could. I feel the direction I went with would fit really well for a modern version of SQ3. I focused mostly on the env art, and exporing Unreal 4, learning how to put things together by just using Blueprints. I only wanted to cover the first area, with just a little interactivity, and of course, a few deaths. (hint: There are two.)" -Kjell Emanuelsson

SQ33D Screenshot 1 SQ33D Screenshot 2 SQ33D Screenshot 3 SQ33D Screenshot 4 SQ33D Screenshot 5

 
All original content (c) by the respective owners. All Space Quest related material (c) by Sierra Entertainment.